Thursday, February 5, 2009

darn injections


I had big plans of organisation within the shop today. Fixing, tidying, photographing etc. But this gig of trying to run a shop, take care of child and somehow have a life can be a little tricky. Yesterday Arthur had his 4 year old imunisations. Hence today he's got a hefty temperature and he's in the shop on/off with me. I think 7 diseases (diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis/polio/measles/mumps/rubella) rolled into 2 needles is a little too much for a wee child to take in one sitting. I remember having mumps as a child and it wasn't the end of the world. I even got to go the the Rye/Rosebud carnival with my head wrapped in a towel and win an almighty big panda bear. Anyhow, I don't want to open up a whole can of worms in the should you / shouldn't you imunise debate. All I know is that my little fella wasn't going to childcare today..... I guess we're also lucky to be operating a small business, where when we need to, we can have the shop half open. It's a day of "we're open, ring the doorbell please."

No comments: