Wednesday, May 4, 2011

alain gree


Nick's all time favourite book from his childhood is "the House that Beebo built" by Phillipe Fix, Janine Ast and Alain Gree..and I had been trying for 2 or so years to find a copy for him to share with Arthur. As I found out this book is very rare and very expensive (so if you have a copy look after it). But one day on my internet searchings, I came across the wonderful illustration work of Alain Gree. He is very well known in France. So this led me to getting a few items featuring his illustrations in the shop. And I have finally added them online. The tattoos were popular at the recent Magnolia Square - they make a nice change to usual ugly ones. Oh and yes I did eventually find Nick a copy and I didn't pay $955 but about $80.

2 comments:

Anna Maria said...

Cute! I'm so glad that people are collecting beautiful old children's books instead of 'recycling' them. Thanks for taking a peek at my blog the other day. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a pity that the store is no longer open day to day, it was such an ace space... but the Arthur's Circus online shop is looking pretty wonderful. x

Unknown said...

What beautiful vintage books by Alain Gree. Thank you for sharing. I am a regular reader of your blog from Tunis in North Africa and this is the first time I have left a comment.