Thursday, September 27, 2007

open for business



First up a big thankyou to my sister who was our first (buying) customer and for bringing me lunch. Yay. So we opened yesterday, thanks to shannon for also popping in. We had quite a few locals on their way to and from work/home/the shops, pop in and say lovely things. All good. Gearing up for tonights opening fiesta ... I am a little worried about the weather - severe wind warning. hmmm as long as she don't rain I say, as I have a feeling things may be spilling onto the footpath.
I love mail, yesterday saw kara smith's (link coming) handbags arrive. Oh so lovely. Created with vintage fabric and buttons. I actually had to buy one myself. Other photo is of some super cute fabric from good ole ebay usa. It's always such a fluke to find things in there as there's so much stuff to try and sort through. I'm thinking cushions or library bags... although I can't imagine cutting into such ace fabric.

7 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh, hello, how exciting, i left a comment then then poof, you added a new post!! You sound so lucky down in Melbourne to have vintage & retro lovers, entire markets devoted to quirky craft, what joy!! Love Posie

Fine Little Day said...

Oh, I like that camel fabric.

leslie said...

ace fabric, indeed! and congrats on the shop opening, can't wait to get over there myself.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Yay - open for business!!

I can't wait to come over and see the shop - I'm visiting for Christmas though, so not too long to wait!

Have a fun party tonight!

xxx

Angela said...

I'm so sorry I missed your opening!! The Sew Your Own Head Quarters has kept me locked away!

I will pop in to see you soon. Promise! Absolutely gorgeous fabric.

meetmeatmikes said...

Apologies from Mikes for not making an appearance last night... but wishing you millions of lovely customers and lovely times too! xx pip

Betty Jo said...

Hope the opening went well,sorry I couldn't make it...But will wizz down very soon for more.