Wednesday, September 12, 2007

love / hate relationship


This is one of the things I love in my kitchen. I bought it recently and have yet to hang it properly... it's so cute and goes well with my cookie jar collection. But the hate and bain of my existence is our kitchen floor.

It is inspired by big al's toy barn in toy story. (I actually paused the dvd, photographed the tv and copied the pattern somewhat to have in the kitchen and attached living area.) Never, I repeat never choose white/cream linoleum. Especially in a kitchen or house with 2 dogs and a toddler. How did the women of the 50's ever do it? So I thought that I'd buy this....

It hasn't helped, so the last resort was a steam mop, all working okay until the handle snapped and of course I can't find my receipt, so this morning was spent on my hands and knees with the steam mop and its' now 20cm long handle....
Good news though 2 weeks until we open and we are continuing to find some very talented people out there making loads of cool stuff.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I looove those birds! Are they Leftons? Are they for sale? I love your floor also however I take heed of your advice!

Arthur's Circus said...

I know, the birds are so ace....Sorry I won't be able to part with them. I checked the backs of the birds and there are no markings, so I'm not sure who made them. I do love my floor also, but only when it's clean (so usually for 10 minutes once every week or two.)

Kirsty said...

The floor is absolutely gorgeous! So is Arthur. Don't wreck your back with the steam mop before the big opening.

Betty Jo said...

Taking about Lino...I too went for lino squares, in mint and black, (not as gorgeous as yours), and some days can't bear to look at the scuffs and stains.Pets and kids are fine if you don't want a sparkling kitchen floor.I prefer to cut up lino,as opposed to scrubbing it!