Tuesday, September 25, 2007

one more sleep


I can hardly believe that we will be opening our doors tomorrow. Yay, years of hoarding, collecting, dust catching may all be worth it. A story about the pigeon holes in our shop. They were once oregon beams holding up a ceiling. We saved them from the wood heap, overloaded a trailer to a friends warehouse for six months. They renovated so we packed them up (not an easy feat) and drove them to our old house in the burbs where they lived down the side for 18 months. Time to move again, jacknifing a trailer in the process, travelling 40km an hour to the shop front, where they sat for a while longer, before going to the sawmill for milling. Pick up again and take to a talented man/friend/carpenter and hey presto pigeon holes. Then Nick and I added a bit of snazz, tongue oil and board game backing. Phew. There was much wailing, splinters, gnashing of teeth and what are we lugging this around for (by me), but I'm glad we did.

7 comments:

leslie said...

i love them! you guys must be busting with excitement but try and get some sleep and have a great shop opening tomorrow :)

Kirsty said...

These are really beautiful. Hoping it all goes well tomorrow.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Oooooh Good Luck!
I hope everything goes well tomorrow - make sure you take loads of opening photos - I can't wait to see!
Have a wonderful day -
xxxx

Shannon said...

Ooohhh Im excited aswell!!! I plan on loitering in your shop most days I think.....yep, youre gonna wish I didnt live so close.

Dana said...

Hello! Leslie told me about your shop last week and now I 'm seeing you all over blogland! Must come and check out all your goodies soon...

Lark said...

So how did it go? Can't wait to hear - and to pop in and see for myself!
xx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Congratulations on a new store. I've seen your blog link on lots of blogs lately, hello!! Greetings from Darwin, tropical sunshine. What a gorgeous store you have. Lurve your sock monkey book, i just a new haul of sock monkey prints in from the US. Too cute - like monkeys on po go sticks!! Ditto on the biscuits, people think i'm mean that my children aren't allowed biscuits, but it's me eating them that is the concern. Love Posie