Sunday, February 10, 2008

phobias


It's a lovely sunny day in Melbourne, sitting in the shop with the door open.....until a bird decided to pay me a visit inside. For most people this would be okay, but oh no not me. Bird phobia, big time. It was a big baby bird that couldn't fly. So it hopped on in looking at me, whilst it's mother and father stayed outside the front door swooping. Bird phobia runs in the family, my mum had it, my sister does too. We freak out. So I hid behind the curtain in the shop, rang Nick who of course wasn't here. The bird then hid too. Nick called a friend who was near by and she saved the day by rescuing the bird and placing it outside whilst the parent birds swooped at her. Hence the door has remained shut since.
To relax a little I've been making cards from vintage children book images.

7 comments:

Kirsty said...

Yikes - I can totally relate to this - they scare the daylights out of me.

Jodie said...

Thats funny for those that weren't there but I understand how erratic they are.

joanne said...

mmm are you part of my family???? have you seen us around birds????

Lark said...

OMG, I am TERRIFIED of a bird landing on my head.

Stacey said...

I can fully understand you freaking out over this. I would too!
My family used to have chooks and it was my job to collect the eggs every morning. I've never been the same....

Betty Jo said...

Have you seen the movie "Forget Paris" with Billy Crystal and Debra Winger? The funniest scene is when a bird sticks to Debra Wingers hair with sticky paper....For all you bird phobics!
Great idea with the cards. I still have a lot of vintage annuals if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

my mother has a phobia of birds. HATES them. the whole flapping thing.

she also has a phobia of belly buttons and matches...but now I am revealing too much about her strange ways