Saturday, March 15, 2008

I've got the hump


Hrrrumph....I'm a little grumpy. I'm presently in the shop sewing cushion covers (or attempting), however I've got one of those fancy, fandangled overlockers. Yes I know I'm lucky but I really need to go do one of those classes. As the stupid thing keeps on un-threading itself and I end up with a tangled mess of cotton everywhere. It truly is frustrating. Gripe or hump number two for today is bad manners. We get emails here at Arthur's Circus, requesting items, information, prices etc. I pleasantly respond and quite often photograph items and email the info they require. So here is my gripe, you never hear back from them. I never expect anyone to buy anything (perhaps I should) but they never respond at all. No, thankyous, thanks for your time. Nada. It's the equivalent of a phonecall, telling them the info and they hang up in your ear. Does anyone else find that with emails today? There really doesn't seem to be a lot of etiquette.
Okay, I think I've calmed down now and can tussle with my overlocker again.
By the way, do you like my S&P shakers?

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Good manners can take you far in life and lots of people lack them these days. It's not so hard to say THANKYOU! I hope you feel better now that's off your chest. Have a lovely hot weekend.

Anonymous said...

so cute !

Sarah said...

Very nice! And I do agree with the email thing. I don't understand the lack of etiquette, either. If you're spending your time giving someone something that they need, an acknowledgment would be nice.

Fine Little Day said...

That S&P shakers is super cool.

Lucy said...

I agreeeeee Natalie! I have sent so many emails to people to see if they would like to be featured on my blog, to see if they would mind giving me some feedback on my blog etc etc... and so so so SO many don't even respond. How hard is it to write a one liner? blah. Have a great Easter!! I still have to come back and buy some gifts from you... Hey what are your Easter opening hrs? Lucy x

Gina said...

"The world revolves around me, myself, and I". This way of thinking has allowed for the general lack of civility, common sense and consideration. Sad. Emailing can and often does reveal the worst in us...on the other hand, isn't it amazing that I can be communicating with someone half way around the world! I do applaud your sensibilities. So let's raise our children well and hope for the best. Cheers from New Mexico.