Tuesday, October 28, 2008

remember these?


When I was younger I was so jealous of friends who had a Kenner family treetops treehouse, so when I recently saw these new versions I knew I had to get a few for the shop (and Arthur, who spied it in the box and threw an almighty tantrum wanted one as well. I kind of gave in - he now gets to play with the shop display one). They are no longer made by Kenner, they are from France by a company called Vulli. They are almost exactly the same, include Mum, Dad, 2 Kids and the dog, but this version has been tricked up with the sounds of birds chirping when you close the lid. It's been quite amazing how many people have commented on the one in the shop window and how they either had or wanted one.

9 comments:

Fibo said...

I *think* I had one of these, but I can't remember properly. All I remember is having some kind of treehouse type thing that had a slide going through the middle of the truck, which leads me to think it was probably one of these! They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

I lusted after one of these too!

(If yours goes missing you're gonna check my loungeroom first right?)

x
Kate

Nanette said...

Lordy, yes! One of my most favourite objects in childhood!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

I wanted one of the SO BADLY.

And I really wanted one of those penguin mountains too - you know where the penguins go up the stairs and then slide down the mountain?

sigh.

xx

zigsma said...

Yes! I found an original for my son about two years ago in a local hawthorn op shop. Our car is yellow though.

Kara said...

Oh oh oh - I had one of these. How much are they new these days? With our little baby girl on the way in January I have been getting sooo nostalgic. She needs: vintage dolls house, Milly Molly Mandy books, Raggedy Anne doll (which I got on ebay), can't work out if I should get some Matilda dolls or Sindy or vintage Barbie. Of course, this is all much further down the track - and of course, it's more for me than her!

katie-scarlet said...

I still have my family tree house from 1979 so I was so excited to see this again on your blog! Mine's in really good nick with Chip (the boy ) Honey (the girl) and Barkey all intact! All the kids on my street wanted to play with it! I'm so glad it's still being made as kids who visit my house just adore it!

Kate Moore said...

Cool. I had one. I think my nephew would like one. Man, I wish I still had the one from when I was a kid.

Juddie said...

Oh yes! In primary school I had a good friend named Haley D., and we spent alternate Thursday afternoons at each others' houses. When I went to her house we drank Milo, watched The Flintstones, and played with her family treehouse.

Ah, the memories .....