Friday, July 25, 2008

finally....


Today I finished wiring up and hanging these lovely screenprinted postcards by Anke Weckmann. They're from a set of eleven. I had bought these for the shop quite a while ago, but there always seems something else to frame by the time Nick or I find the time to frame things. There's still another three to go with these ones....
And on another note, I have a question to pose. Recently I made a wholesale purchase from a company from overseas (who shall remain nameless) and their product didn't live up to my and my customer's expectations as they had noticeable 'imperfections' shall we say. My question is this, would you expect a full refund including postage costs? A partial refund for the product amount only? Offered to be sent a replacement item? Or just grumble to anyone who would listen?
You can probably guess that I am none to happy with the outcome and their response. I guess that with the internet you can never be guaranteed that what you see in a product (often photoshopped) photograph is what you shall receive.

3 comments:

Mc Cranky! said...

I say keep at them, and if that doesn't work a good grumble never hurt.

Jacqueline said...

hmm, I guess it's the risk we always take buying things over the internet but then again, depending on where and who it came from, I'd expect that you should be able to send it all back and get a full refund plus postage as the goods were clearly not as described. Sounds like you might be fighting a loosing battle though.

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

Give tham a chance to right things but If you don't have any luck with resolving the issue, name and shame! at least no one else will get duped!